Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post # 5 Thoughts of Fellow Americans

Thought I'd share a few posts from my fellow Americans
----------------------------------------------
How to Raise Boys into Men

---What do boys need to know to become mature, masculine men? Physically, educationally, socially, etc.

How can we teach these things or help them develop these things on their own?

ETA: This is important for all of us raising boys. Girly, immature grown boys are becoming epidemic, in my opinion. I wasn't asking for me specifically, though I do have a bunch of sons. 
---Let them get dirty. Encourage dirt biking, mountain biking, and regular hiking. The outdoors and nature lets them appreciate life and instills in them a sort of thing to cherish and protect, as protection is a male's strong natural instinct. Physical activity which channels manly testosterone, positively, such as hunting, shooting, and sports. Though I'd make sure to remind them sports are simple exercise, and not to be seen as an obsession or lifestyle. Also, male role models are key whether it be the father, brother, uncle, or trustworthy neighbor.

Don't forget chivalry! (Knightly qualities are much needed to evolve boys into men, so books, movies, toys, and games of a Medieval nature are good)
-----------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment